Basil, Mozzarella & Chilli Crostini
Tasty, quick and easy. Basil, mozzarella & chilli crostini are a great way to entertain family and friends without blowing the budget or taking up too much time.
- Prep Time: 20m
- Cooking Time: 5m
- Passive Time: 0m
- Pre-heat the oven to 220c.
- Cut the bread into 5-7mm slices.
- Lightly rub the top of each piece of bread with the garlic clove and layout out on a baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 5 minutes or until golden and slightly crispy. If you’re using a ‘bake at home bread or prefer more of a crunch, you may need to bake them for slightly more.
- Slice the bocconcini in to 5mm slices.
- De-seed and finely dice the fresh chilli. As the heat of finger chillies can sometimes vary, taste a couple of pieces so that you can adjust the amount of chilli you put on each crostini accordingly.
- Lay the baked bread pieces on to a serving platter and place a basil leaf and slice of bocconcini on top.
- Using a teaspoon, drop pieces of the chill on to each serving.
- Drizzle a small amount of olive oil on to each crostini and finally dress with a sprinkle of salt flakes.
There are some good ‘bake-at-home’ bread batons (or dinner roles if batons aren’t available) that give perfect bite-sized portions when cut. If you’re using fresh bread remember the diameter of the bread you use will determine the size of your crostini. If your basil leaves are larger, simply tear or fold them – again try to select medium sized leaves that match the size of your crostini, if possible.