White Chocolate & Raspberry Cake
White Chocolate & Raspberry Cake is a deliciously moist cake that's an absolute breeze to make. Perfect for morning tea or as a little treat after dinner - it's equally good served with a simple dusting of icing sugar or - if you want to go all out - a drizzle of cream.
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cooking Time: 1h 10m
- Passive Time: 30m
- 175gm Caster Sugar
- 125gm Unsalted Butter, softened
- 160gm Egg
- 8gm Vanilla Paste
- 225gm Self-Raising Flour
- 110gm Light Condensed Milk
- 150gm Frozen Raspberries
- 125gm White Chocolate Chips
- Preheat a fan forced oven to 160c.
- Cream together the butter and caster sugar until the mixture is white and fluffy and all the sugar has dissolved.
- Slowly add the beaten egg in small amounts; ensure the egg has been fully incorporated before adding more. Reserve a small amount of egg until after the flour has been added – this will help to prevent the mixture splitting.
- Add the vanilla paste and mix until combined.
- Add the flour, condensed milk and reserved egg and gently mix until the mixture is smooth and creamy – stop mixing once combined to avoid activating the gluten in the flour.
- Gently fold the white chocolate and raspberries through the mixture – reserve a small amount of both raspberries a chocolate.
- Pour the mixture into a double lined 20cm baking tin and strew the reserved raspberries and chocolate across the top.
- Bake at 160c for 70 minutes or until cooked through.
- Allow the cake to stand for 5 minutes before removing from the tin and allow a further 25 minutes on a rack before serving.
If you are unable to get White Chocolate Chips, ensure the chocolate that you use is cut into small (5mm square) chunks – larger chunks may sink to the bottom of the mixture during cooking. The reason frozen raspberries are used as opposed to fresh is that they do not bleed as much when they are incorporated into the cake mixture. To check the cake is cooked; insert a small, clean, metal skewer into the centre of the cake and then remove it, If the skewer comes out clean, the cake is cooked.